- promote interest and encourage participation in the art of quilting.
- stimulate and coordinate the efforts and talents of individuals interested in quilting.
- provide educational activities to help members achieve these purposes.
- promote and stimulate public interest in quilting.
- participate in quilt-related community activities.
- provide the means for an exchange of ideas and mutual assistance to members as well the social interaction and fellowship.
- sponsor activities open to the public for the purpose of demonstrating the art of quilting including its techniques, its roots and role in American history, together with its originality and craftsmanship.
Several times a year, nationally recognized quilters visit the group and share their experiences through informative lectures and hands-on workshops. Guild members also teach new techniques by presenting “Member Round Tables.” Several meetings per year are designated for the purpose of creating charitable items for those in need.
The ESQ board consists of 16 voting members:
- 4 Officers plus ex-officio (Past President)
- Community Service Chair
- Fundraising Chair
- Information Chair
- Membership Chair
- Program Chair
- Workshops Chair
- 5 Members-at-Large
Evening Star Quilters, P.O Box 1825, Mineola, NY 11501
Kathy, Vice President
Click here for the Evening Star Quilters By-Laws.