Comfort quilts are donated by the Evening Star Quilters. They are hand-made by dedicated members who strive to make a difference in their community. The members of this guild donate their skills, time and resources to provide a modest gift to anyone in need of that special “touch of kindness.” They are caring people, each with a special talent, who make these quilts always considering the impact these quilts will have on the lives of the recipients. Once a year a night is devoted to making comfort quilts.
Comfort quilts made by ESQ members have been enthusiastically received by the following local organizations:
- Lutheran Family Services, Uniondale, NY
- St. Francis Hospital Cancer Center, Roslyn, NY
- Cohen’s Children’s Medical Center, Queens, NY
- Ronald McDonald House, New Hyde Park, NY
- St. John’s Bread & Life, Bedford Stuyvesant , Brooklyn, NY
- Lexibean Foundation, Plainview, NY
- Children’s Hospital, Whitestone, NY
- Soundview Pregnancy Services, East Meadow, NY
Ronald McDonald House is always thrilled by the beauty of our quilts. We have recently also reached out to Life Center of Long Island who have advised us that they would love to receive some quilts. If you are aware of any other organizations we can assist, please let us know.
Some responses from our donations:
Thank you so very much for the beautiful handmade quilts for our clients! It will be such a blessing to give them your handmade (with love) quilts when their babies are born! We really appreciate them. – Soundview Pregnancy Services